Showbiz Gossip Information GatewayKRISTEN BELL's mother beamed with pride when the star appeared on the New York stage - but was horrified to see her dressed up as a dominatrix.
The Forgetting Sarah Marshall star appeared in the sexy role in the 2001 off-Broadway production of Reefer Madness, and her dedicated mother Lori attended as many shows as she could.
But Lori often found herself excusing her daughter's daring costume to those sat around her.
Bell says, "I had to dress up in a dominatrix outfit and my mother is still in denial about it. When my mum came to see it, she'd spend her whole time whispering to the people next to her, 'That's my daughter up there, but she's not really like that'.
"I was in some latexy jumpsuit and high-heeled boots and, to be quite frank, when you're up on stage under those bright lights the suit doesn't smell too great by the end of the evening.
"Added to that, I couldn't handle the whip at all and kept hitting people nearby, so I was a legitimately scary dominatrix. Believe me, there's nothing sexy about a clumsy girl wielding a whip."